Total Sim Football League

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ONLY 3 GAMES WERE PLAYED THIS WEEK AND 2 MORE OWNERS QUIT. I THINK IT'S SAFE TO ASSUME THIS LEAGUE IS DEAD. IF SOMEONE WANTS OWNERSHIP OF THE LEAGUE, LET ME KNOW AND I'LL TRANSFER TO THEM.

+4
IIITRE
GHmanRON
MoeIsBetter
ISiiLv3RI
8 posters

League Activity

ISiiLv3RI
    ISiiLv3RI
    Admin

League Activity Empty League Activity

Post  ISiiLv3RI Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:13 am

As you can see if you scroll to the bottom of the main page, the league activity has dropped to about 8 or so active members.

We still haven't advanced from week 2 and there are plenty of games that haven't been played or scheduled.

It appears that things are going to end here. I have messaged Biscut to see if he would like to continue to do things, but at this point I'm going to walk away.

I appreciate the effort from those of you that wanted to make this work. I apologize that it didn't.

Take care.
    MoeIsBetter
    MoeIsBetter

League Activity Empty Re: League Activity

Post  MoeIsBetter Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:08 am

I still think we have enough people to at least get something going and have it be enjoyable. Whoever decides to run it, let me know.
    GHmanRON
    GHmanRON

Post  GHmanRON Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:10 am

8 active members isn't bad. Stop thinking cause you have less then 32 members then its a bad thing for the league. A lot of other good leagues have less then 10. Members, easier to handle.

Post  Guest Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:16 am

I agree - an 8 people leage is fine by me as well. I do feel that advancing a week every two days may be a little too fast for some of us to keep up with. As for the games that haven't been played, if they're playing a game that week against a CPU opponent why not just advance the league to the next week? They'll be simmed then, correct? I know I haven't been rushing out to play my game against the CPU in week 2 because I much prefer the games against live opponents. This league gives us a great way to play games against responsible live opponents with a fair set of rules. That's what I've appreciated most about this whole experience. If a game against a CPU gets simmed before I get to it, so be it. That said, I have today off from work and plan on taking care of it this afternoon. I apologize if the delay has caused any problems.
    GHmanRON
    GHmanRON

Post  GHmanRON Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:18 am

I'm in the same predicament with my CPU game as well. I was trying to hold off to see if a user ended up choosing that team, but I'm gonna get my game done today after I get back from the game in Pittsburgh.
    IIITRE
    IIITRE

Post  IIITRE Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:00 am

I think 1 problem is. People weren't contacted after the 1st shutdown. I hit the guy up I was supposed to play and he hadn't been on boards cause he thought it was shut down. So apparently he was never notified it was open again. When people came to site and seen league shutdown. Why come back to site? Only like 5 to 10 of us kept checking and asking for u to keep open. League was going fine till then. We can keep going and maybe each of us can try to find 1 person to join.
    IIITRE
    IIITRE

Post  IIITRE Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:17 am

I just talked to a guy. He wants bengals. Superblifeihave

Post  Guest Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:18 am

I do have a friend that expressed interest in joining, btw.
    IIITRE
    IIITRE

Post  IIITRE Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:24 am

See what team he wants.
    ISiiLv3RI
    ISiiLv3RI
    Admin

Post  ISiiLv3RI Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:50 am

If Biscut chooses to continue things I'll transfer it over to him. If he doesnt and one of you guys wants to give it a shot I'll transfer it to you.
    IIITRE
    IIITRE

Post  IIITRE Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:15 pm

In hindsight probably should have happend before you shut down league first time. Might as well call it what it is the league is dead. Find another league.
    reth316
    reth316

Post  reth316 Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:47 pm

i dont see why we cant continue. seems to me people have slowed down due to cpu games. lets keep it going and see if it improves.
    MoeIsBetter
    MoeIsBetter

Post  MoeIsBetter Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:53 pm

I really feel like no matter what this probably needs to be restarted. To many stops at this point. New leadership (hopefully Biscuit takes over). I love the dudes I'm playing against. Hope we get to keep something intact.
    IIITRE
    IIITRE

Post  IIITRE Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:06 pm

IF re restart at this point them Im out. I have built my team perfectly and would be wasted time. I have really enjoyed this but to restart would be going way backwards at this point. I have 2 people who are good gamers to join. but here we are again waiting on one man before we can continue...
    rickyp24
    rickyp24

Post  rickyp24 Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:37 pm

I agree with everyone else - there is no reason to shut down the league. It seems like a cop-out to just give up for the second time because there are a few hurdles. I know it is very difficult to manage a league, especially a new one.

If people miss games, so what. Advance when it is scheduled, and if the people can't get the games in, then it's simmed. Or if one person clearly isn't active, boot them. No reason to keep them around if they aren't active. My opponent and I for Week 2 have struggled to find a time that works for both of us, but we are trying to get it in tonight. If the advance happened before we could get it in, that's on us. But at least the effort is being made from both parties. It seems like the 8 or so people that have replied to this thread are the ones that really want to play, and if this is all of us, I don't think anyone has an issue with that.
    BiterBiscut
    BiterBiscut
    Admin

Post  BiterBiscut Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:26 pm

I literally just got home from being out of town an hour or so ago. I and friends went to New Orleans for the weekend and Bourbon Street had my full attention for the past two days. Awesome time BTW, highly recommend it.

I don't mind continuing to help admin the league. If so, and everyone is OK with that, I'd like to change it so we do 2 advances a week rather than 3. That may help us with scheduling by giving us a bigger window to get the games in.

Also, Mike may have already done this, but we agreed we would set the sliders back to default until the next patch comes out and we would revisit it then. The reasoning behind that is that although the sliders may have helped HUM vs. CPU games, it seemed to hurt HUM vs HUM games.

If some of you would like to help with screening new players, that would be a help for growing the league. I've only found the time to screen one new player since coming on to help with the league. I'd like to see a core few/couple that would help with that task, if interested let me know and we will pick a few to do that. I say few because we would want a small group doing this so the experience/screen is consistent.

My approach to owners not being responsive to scheduling requests or being active in the scheduling forums would be to set their team to auto and leave it there until they request user control again. If I don't hear from the user within another weekly advancement, the user is basically risking being booted at any time. The right thing to do might be to contact the owner and see why they haven't been active and if they want to continue, but to be honest, I don't think I'm willing to chase anyone down to beg them to play.

If you send the commish rights to me, I'll do it. If someone else wants to do it, I'm cool with that too.
    GHmanRON
    GHmanRON

Post  GHmanRON Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:30 pm

BiterBiscut wrote:I literally just got home from being out of town an hour or so ago. I and friends went to New Orleans for the weekend and Bourbon Street had my full attention for the past two days. Awesome time BTW, highly recommend it.

I don't mind continuing to help admin the league. If so, and everyone is OK with that, I'd like to change it so we do 2 advances a week rather than 3. That may help us with scheduling by giving us a bigger window to get the games in.

Also, Mike may have already done this, but we agreed we would set the sliders back to default until the next patch comes out and we would revisit it then. The reasoning behind that is that although the sliders may have helped HUM vs. CPU games, it seemed to hurt HUM vs HUM games.

If some of you would like to help with screening new players, that would be a help for growing the league. I've only found the time to screen one new player since coming on to help with the league. I'd like to see a core few/couple that would help with that task, if interested let me know and we will pick a few to do that. I say few because we would want a small group doing this so the experience/screen is consistent.

My approach to owners not being responsive to scheduling requests or being active in the scheduling forums would be to set their team to auto and leave it there until they request user control again. If I don't hear from the user within another weekly advancement, the user is basically risking being booted at any time. The right thing to do might be to contact the owner and see why they haven't been active and if they want to continue, but to be honest, I don't think I'm willing to chase anyone down to beg them to play.

If you send the commish rights to me, I'll do it. If someone else wants to do it, I'm cool with that too.

Honestly, I'd vote you to be the new admin for the league
    rickyp24
    rickyp24

Post  rickyp24 Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:22 pm

If you need help screening new players Biscut, I would be more than happy to help. Just let me know what you need and what to look for and I'm in.
    MoeIsBetter
    MoeIsBetter

Post  MoeIsBetter Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:10 pm

Totally down for Biscut to Commish this thing. Let me know if you need any help screening. Wouldn't mind helping. I can also do it later than most since I'm on West Coast.
    ISiiLv3RI
    ISiiLv3RI
    Admin

Post  ISiiLv3RI Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:02 am

BiterBiscut wrote:I literally just got home from being out of town an hour or so ago. I and friends went to New Orleans for the weekend and Bourbon Street had my full attention for the past two days. Awesome time BTW, highly recommend it.

Sounds good bud. I'll send you the stuff on game when I get home. You should already be hooked up on here with everything.

Best of luck everyone!
    IIITRE
    IIITRE

Post  IIITRE Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:55 pm

I have 2 guys to join. both are really good gamers. They are in another league im in.
    Laugh it up
    Laugh it up

Post  Laugh it up Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:29 pm

i up for keeping it going but don't restart?
    and i've tryed to get ahold of The Docet xbox and via on here but he hasn't been on here since oct 2 and he put the best way to getta hold of him is on this forum. Evil or Very Mad
    GHmanRON
    GHmanRON

Post  GHmanRON Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Yeh I vote nt to restart
    rickyp24
    rickyp24

Post  rickyp24 Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Yeah I wouldnt have much interest if we started all over again, either.
    reth316
    reth316

Post  reth316 Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:58 pm

i would stay either way but wud prefer to not re start.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:40 pm